Rows created by a stored proc prompt Access' dreaded "write conflict"

От Eric E
Тема Rows created by a stored proc prompt Access' dreaded "write conflict"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,
    I am using an Access client linked to a PG 7.4 server via ODBC.

I have a stored proc on the server that inserts rows into a
table.particular table, accomplished via an INSERT
within the body of the stored proc.  The procedure does not explicitly
commit this data, as no transactions are invoked.

The problem is that Access will not modify these records via table or
form view, giving its generic "Write conflict: another user has modified
this record" message.  It does just fine for any other records in the
table, but it will not modify those created by the stored proc. It will
also execute an UPDATE OR DELETE query to modify these records  This
stored procedure is pretty key for us to go forward.

Does anyone have any ideas of what's going on and how to fix it?  I can
post more details, but I wanted to see if this was a known problem
before doing so.

Many thanks,

Eric