Re: pg_stat_statements and "IN" conditions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_stat_statements and "IN" conditions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Andrey V. Lepikhov" <a.lepikhov@postgrespro.ru> writes:
> On 1/5/22 4:02 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I've been saying from day one that pushing the query-hashing code into the
>> core was a bad idea, and I think this patch perfectly illustrates why.

> +1.

> Let me suggest, that the core should allow an extension at least to
> detect such interference between extensions. Maybe hook could be
> replaced with callback to allow extension see an queryid with underlying
> generation logic what it expects.

I feel like we need to get away from the idea that there is just
one query hash, and somehow let different extensions attach
differently-calculated hashes to a query.  I don't have any immediate
ideas about how to do that in a reasonably inexpensive way.