Re: BitmapHeapScan streaming read user and prelim refactoring

От Mark Dilger
Тема Re: BitmapHeapScan streaming read user and prelim refactoring
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> On Feb 14, 2024, at 6:47 AM, Melanie Plageman <melanieplageman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Just curious, did your table AM implement
> table_scan_bitmap_next_block() and table_scan_bitmap_next_tuple(),
> and, if so, did you use the TBMIterateResult? Since it is not used in
> BitmapHeapNext() in my version, table AMs would have to change how
> they use TBMIterateResults anyway. But I assume they could add it to a
> table AM specific scan descriptor if they want access to a
> TBMIterateResult of their own making in both
> table_san_bitmap_next_block() and next_tuple()?

My table AM does implement those two functions and does use the TBMIterateResult *tbmres argument, yes.  I would deal
withthe issue in very much the same way that your patches modify heapam.  I don't really have any additional comments
aboutthat.

—
Mark Dilger
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company