Re: archive folder maintenance

От Keith Ouellette
Тема Re: archive folder maintenance
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

Thank you again. How often does the .backup files get created. I see sometimes that there may be a month between them and sometimes just a day. Is there a setting for that? There also does not seem to be a correlation on how may WAL files between the .backup files either. Sometime I see a few and other times a lot. Just curious on when to expect the next .backup to occur.

Thanks

Keith

From: Payal Singh [payal@omniti.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 6:30 PM
To: Keith Ouellette
Cc: pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [NOVICE] archive folder maintenance

If both standby servers are replicating from the same master server, and the WALs are stored on the master server, when you set this command on any one of the recovery files, it goes on and deleted WALs only before the last .backup file,which is one and same file for both standby servers. So I don't think there will be any conflicts and issues if you set up pgarchivecommand on any one of the slaves.

Payal Singh,
OmniTI Computer Consulting Inc.
Junior Database Administrator,
Phone: 240.646.0770 x 253