archive folder maintenance

От Keith Ouellette
Тема archive folder maintenance
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

We are running PostgreSQL 9.1 with WAL. I am noticing the archive directory just keeps growing. It is currently at 392GB. What is the proper maintenance to keep that under control? It does not seem necessary to have that much archived. We are doing regular backups (pgdump). Any suggestions. The WAL configuration is the following:

wal_level = hot_standby

archive_mode = on

archive_command = 'cp %p /opt/PostgreSQL/9.1/data/archive/%f'

max_wal_senders = 2

wal_keep_segments = 1000  << I also think this is unnecessary as well should be much less in my opinion but shouldn't this deep 1000 16MB WAL files or 16GB?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Keith