Re: futex results with dbt-3

От Manfred Spraul
Тема Re: futex results with dbt-3
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Mark Wong wrote:

>I've heard that simply linking to the pthreads libraries, regardless of
>whether you're using them or not creates a significant overhead.  Has
>anyone tried it for kicks?

That depends on the OS and the functions that are used. The typical
worst case is buffered IO of single characters: The single threaded
implementation is just copy and update buffer status, the multi threaded
implementation contains full locking.

For most other functions there is no difference at all.
--
    Manfred

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: First set of OSDL Shared Mem scalability results, some
От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: futex results with dbt-3