Re: Why frequently updated tables are an issue

От Manfred Spraul
Тема Re: Why frequently updated tables are an issue
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
pgsql@mohawksoft.com wrote a few months ago:

>PostgreSQL's behavior on these cases is poor. I don't think anyone who has
>tried to use PG for this sort of thing will disagree, and yes it is
>getting better. Does anyone else consider this to be a problem? If so, I'm
>open for suggestions on what can be done. I've suggested a number of
>things, and admittedly they have all been pretty weak ideas, but they were
>potentially workable.

What about a dblink style interface to a non-MVCC SQL database?
I think someone on this list mentioned that there are open source
in-memory SQL databases.

--   Manfred

От: Thomas Swan
Сообщение: Re: CSS
От: Darcy Buskermolen
Сообщение: -HEAD contrib/dblink regress failure on SPARC/Solaris 8