Re: smgr.c and smgrtype.c

От Satoshi Nagayasu
Тема Re: smgr.c and smgrtype.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>>I'm trying to modify the storage manager now.
>
> Um ... why?

Because I want to add my new storage manager.
It is not just for (single) magnetic disk.

> If anyone had wanted to add a new storage manager in the last fifteen
> years, we'd doubtless have tried to clean this up some, but no one has
> and I'm not really expecting anyone to try in the next fifteen...

I guess clean separation and APIs are necessary for now.
If one need to modify/extend a storage manager for better performance,
clean design and APIs are essentials.

For my purpose, I'm thinking about a pluggable storage manager
mechanism using dynamic loading, because I want to develop
my smgr independently from main codebase...

--
NAGAYASU Satoshi <nagayasus@nttdata.co.jp>
OpenSource Development Center,