smgr.c and smgrtype.c

От Satoshi Nagayasu
Тема smgr.c and smgrtype.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello all,

I'm trying to modify the storage manager now.

I found a number of smgrs are stored separately in the storage manager
module (NSmgr in smgr.c and NStorageManagers in smgrtype.c),
and names of storage managers are stored in smgrtype.c.
Are there any reason for this?

I think they shold be stored in smgr.c and and interfaces
to get a name of smgr or a number of smgrs should be provided.

And the smgrid struct (in smgrtype.c) is (still) used?

My patch is available here:
http://snaga.org/pgsql/patches/smgr.patch

Any comments?

--