Re: Required permissions for data directory

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Required permissions for data directory
Дата
Re: Required permissions for data directory  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>Being able to edit postgresql.conf gives one the ability to become
>postgres (hint: you can cause the backend to load a shlib of your
>choosing, or even more trivially, adjust pg_hba.conf to let you in
>as superuser), so the above distinction is unenforceable.

And can't we now even point to a completely different location for the
actual data, as well as the rest of the config? I'd hate to think of
someone changing that out from under me.

cheers

andrew