Re: CGI program cannot access database

От Samik Raychaudhuri
Тема Re: CGI program cannot access database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,
Thanks very much for the replies. Please find follow-ups inline.

On 10/8/2004 11:05 AM, Michael Fuhr wrote:

>On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 08:17:07AM -0700, Steven Klassen wrote:
>

>>* Samik Raychaudhuri <samik@freeshell.org> [2004-10-07 21:12:31 -0500]:
>>

>>>$dbh=DBI->connect("dbi:Pg:dbname='samik';host='abc.org';port=5432","samik","xxxx");
>>>

>>It seems that machine can't resolve abc.org (although I can). The
>>format of your connect string is a little unorthodox, but it seems to
>>work in general.
>>
>>What does 'dig abc.org' return on this machine?
>>

>I wonder if "abc.org" was just an example and not the real domain
>name.  Samik, what's the real name?  Should it be resolvable from
>the public Internet?

abc.org is just an example. The real name is freesql.org, it is
resolvable from the public internet. I can also run the same program
from command prompt in Cygwin shell, and it runs fine.

>The original message reported the following error when connecting
>by IP address:
>
>failed: could not create socket: Operation not permitted
>
>I wonder of packet filters are preventing the PostgreSQL connection
>from working, and possibly causing DNS problems as well.

What exactly you mean by packet filters? How do I check what packet
filters are active?
Thanks for your time.
Regards,
-Samik

От: Greg Stark
Сообщение: Re: 8.0 questions
От: Samik Raychaudhuri
Сообщение: Re: CGI program cannot access database