outputting everything from psql to a file

От Walker, Jed S
Тема outputting everything from psql to a file
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hello again,

I'm stuck on another issue. I need to specify in a sql script I'm calling
from psql that I want everything to go to an output file. So, I have in my
sql file:

\o example1.lst
\qecho This is an example
select current_user;
select hope from none;

The problem I have is that the output of the first query and the error from
the second query go to standard out/error (it appears) and not to the output
file. I need everything to go to the output file. I can't find anything in
the psql documentation on how to do this. Is there a way? Or do I have to do
something like:

{
psql -U user <<EOF
  \echo This is an example
  select current_user;
  select hope from none;
EOF
} > example1.lst 2>&1

which gives me what I want except that the error goes to both the output
file and the screen.

Thanks again,

        Jed S. Walker