environment variables

От Walker, Jed S
Тема environment variables
Дата
Re: environment variables  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-novice
I've noticed postgres uses some environment variables such as $PGDATA. Is
there a standard postgres environment variable for the current database?

I'd like something where we can have aliases and such access the db without
the user having to know what the name is

alias sql='psql -d $PGDATABASE'

type thing.

Thanks,

        Jed S. Walker
        Senior Database Administrator
        Comcast Media Centers
        Phone:    303.267.6759
        Email:     jed_walker@cable.comcast.com

        CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE
        This electronic mail transmission and any accompanying
documents contain information belonging to the sender, which may be
confidential and legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient,
any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken in reliance on the
message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error,
please delete it immediately. Thank You