Re: Translation updates: errors_ru.properties

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: Translation updates: errors_ru.properties
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Kris Jurka wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Oct 2004, Serguei Mokhov wrote:
>

>>A few more messages translated into Russian.
>>Please install.
>

> Done.  Thanks.
>
> Note though that new messages do not get propagated into the
> various error message files. [...]
>
> I don't know if this is supposed to be done by the person doing the
> translation or the person updating the base errors.properties file.  In
> any case your still short some messages.

If you put a "blank" message into the localized files (i.e.
"postgresql.some.error=") will it prevent the fallback to the bare
untranslated message ID in MessageTranslator? That would be bad. I don't
usually touch the localized files for that reason.

We really do need a better (less developer-intensive) localization
mechanism :(

-O