Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] win32 tablespace handing

От Reini Urban
Тема Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] win32 tablespace handing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian schrieb:
> Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>Reini Urban said:

>>>Yes, sorry. I had old NTFS4 information.
>>>NTFS5 supports volume mount points now too.
>>>
>>>But shouldn't we check in configure :) for this filesystem then?
>>>(Ha! ntfs5.m4 for MSVC folks)
>>
>>No, of course not. That would only check the machine where you compile, not
>>where you install/run.
>
> Tablespaces are not supported on NT4. They throw an error.

So just describe in the docs that only NTFS5 (i.e. W2K and up) supports
th new tablespace feature.
I could find my cygwin niche then to support it by our native and slow
symlink implementation :)
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/

Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] win32 tablespace handing
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] win32 tablespace handing