Re: pgsql: Add support for GSSAPI authentication.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Add support for GSSAPI authentication.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> Anyway. I can live with having it as a DEBUG message, and will change it
> to that. What level of debug do you think is reasonable?

I'd go with DEBUG2 or so for messages that might be significant to
someone wondering "why can't Joe log in?", and 3 or 4 for messages
that would only be interesting to someone trying to debug the code.

Of the two messages at issue here, I think the first one is at the lower
level, if needed at all, because it's purely a progress message.
If you're going to log the username at the point where you decide it's
bad, then there's no need to log it when you get it.