Re: -HEAD build failure on OpenBSD 3.6-current/Sparc64

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: -HEAD build failure on OpenBSD 3.6-current/Sparc64
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> writes:
>
>>this one got caught by the testfarm as well - it looks like the
>>openbsd-specific makefile is missing a -fPIC for the Sparc platform(I
>>would assume that at least NetBSD/sparc is affected too but I don't have
>>access to such a system to test on).
>

> Why did you remove -DPIC ?

uhm partly because I sent the wrong patch and partly because I didn't
understood what that to do anyway(in the !Sparc case). The only place I
can find on my machine where defining PIC seems to have an effect is in
/usr/include/sparc64/asm.h - so I would guess it was a no-op anyway on
Openbsd/!Sparc.
But my programming skills are somewhat limited so I would definitly need
some guidance on this or I will just sent another patch with adds -DPIC
back for both cases if you want.

Stefan