Re: enable/disable broken for statement triggers on partitioned tables

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: enable/disable broken for statement triggers on partitioned tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Yeah, I don't know about adding tons of values to that enum just so that
> we can use that to hide a boolean inside.  Why not add a boolean to the
> containing struct?  Something like the attached.

I do not think it's a great idea to have ALTER TABLE scribbling on
the source parsetree.  That tree could be in plancache and subject
to reuse later.

Mind you, I don't say that we're perfectly clean about this elsewhere.
But there is a pretty hard expectation that the executor doesn't
modify plan trees, and I think the same rule should apply to utility
statements.

Сообщение: Re: making relfilenodes 56 bits
Сообщение: Re: making relfilenodes 56 bits