Re: using database for queuing operations?

От Jeff Amiel
Тема Re: using database for queuing operations?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"The search condition of the command (the WHERE clause) is re-evaluated
to see if the updated version of the row still matches the search
condition. If so, the second updater proceeds with its operation,
starting from the updated version of the row."

Hey....that's neat.  All this time, I've done an unncessary extra select
to see if the value has changed because of competing processes trying to
work on same row....

Once again...kudos to lists like this one and of course, RTFM.

Jeff

--
Jeff Amiel
Systems/Development Manager