Re: Postgres memory usage

От ruben
Тема Re: Postgres memory usage
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks Jeff:

This is the output of free:

           total      used     free shared buffers cached
Mem:     1031012  1018608    12404      0   64984 848160
-/+ buffers/cache: 105464   925548
Swap:    2040244        0  2040244

shared_buffers and sort_mem are both commented in postgresql.conf:

-bash-2.05b$ grep shared_buf data/postgresql.conf
#shared_buffers = 64        # 2*max_connections, min 16
-bash-2.05b$ grep sort_m data/postgresql.conf
#sort_mem = 512             # min 32

I have verified that postgres is not the responsible for the low
performance of the system, but I just wanted to be sure that memory
usage is reasonable in a postgres installation.

Ruben.