Re: Patch: view data for tables/views on double

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: Patch: view data for tables/views on double
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Ivan Nejgebauer wrote:

First of all, this is certainly hackers stuff, please post on
pgadmin-hackers!

> The attached patch a) defines a double click handler for the list in the
> properties pane, so that a double click on an item

You're right, doubleclick is missing on the property pane.

  in the list launches
> the properties editor for the item (or the data view if the item is a
> table or a view); and b) modifies the tree view double click handler so
> that a double click on a table or a view launches the data view for the
> corresponding table/view.

This isn't acceptable like this, because it introduces different
behaviour between clicking on a "properties" item and a tree item. Both
must behave identically. Actually, not only double click is missing, but
also right mouse click.

> Rationale for different behavior with tables/views:

This is reasonable, but before that some prerequisites have to be met:
- the default action should be visible to the user, preferrably
displayed bold in the context menu.
- the default action might differ from user to user. For sure, an
unconditional "View Data" on a table is a bad idea. I already hear those
guys yelling double clicking on a 100 million row table...

Regards,
Andreas

Сообщение: Re: Patch: password style for the "Add Server" dialog
Сообщение: Re: Patch: password style for the "Add Server"