Re: Latest ODBC Driver "unstable"

От Gary Doades
Тема Re: Latest ODBC Driver "unstable"
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
On 15 Sep 2004 at 21:41, Dave Page wrote:

> It's unlikely. On the plus side though, one of the reasons I'm busy is
> that it's me that's building the win32 installer atm. I'm currently
> shipping the version of the driver that happens to be on my machine,
> however it will be released with stable versions of *all* code when we
> go gold.

Thanks, even if the problems with 7.5.02 are not solved in the short
term at least a stable version is available.

I too would like to work on the ODBC driver, but just don't have the
time. I feel that with the upcoming Windows port that the ODBC driver
is going to be in more demand than ever. With no OLEDB driver
available, all the non-.NET Windows developer will have is ODBC.

All those VB and Access people out there will certainly test the driver :-)

In the long term I would like to see the ODBC driver use libpq. Looking
at the current source it seems to be re-inventing the wheel for no real
good reason. I'm sure the code would be far less complex using libpq.

Cheers,
Gary.