Re: Corrupted Data?

От Matthew T. O'Connor
Тема Re: Corrupted Data?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 10:01:21PM -0400, Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:
>>I don't know if we are making progress but I am getting a different
>>error now :-)
>>
>>I did the dd command again this time with count=18.  Now when I try to
>>delete the tuple I get this:
>>
>>dbmail2=# delete from messageblks where oid = 2916427;
>>ERROR:  attempted to delete invisible tuple

Well after using dd to create a few missing pg_clog files, I was finally
able to do a vacuum of the whole database which allowed me to delete the
problematic tuple which allowed me to do a pg_dump of the database! So
finally some progress.

However, I then ran into a new problem while trying to dump another
database.  Now I get this:

dbmail=# SELECT * from messageblks ;
ERROR:  invalid page header in block 85646 of relation "pg_toast_2353340"

Any ideas on this new issue?

> You may try using pgfsck (http://svana.org/kleptog/pgsql/pgfsck.html) or
> pg_filedump (http://sources.redhat.com/rhdb) and see how lucky you get
> with the hex editor ...

I looked at pgfsck and it seems that pgfsck was last updated for 7.3.
I'll take a look at pg_filedump.

Thanks again,

Matthew