Re: [GENERAL] disk performance benchmarks

От Ron St-Pierre
Тема Re: [GENERAL] disk performance benchmarks
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Jeffrey W. Baker wrote:

>All these replies are really interesting, but the point is not that my
>RAIDs are too slow, or that my CPUs are too slow.  My point is that, for
>long stretches of time, by database doesn't come anywhere near using the
>capacity of the hardware.  And I think that's odd and would like to
>config it to "false".

What motherboard are you using, and what distro? Earlier you mentioned
that you're on linux 2.6.7 and
a 64-bit Opteron 244 machine with 8GB main memory, two 4-disk RAID5
arrays (one for
database, one for xlogs).

Also, did you have a chance to test performance before you implemented RAID?

Ron

От: Joe Conway
Сообщение: Re: Data Warehouse Reevaluation - MySQL vs Postgres --
От: "Simon Riggs"
Сообщение: Re: Data Warehouse Reevaluation - MySQL vs Postgres -- merge tables?