Re: psql + autocommit

От John Sidney-Woollett
Тема Re: psql + autocommit
Дата
Список pgsql-general
No it won't!

It will break any newly compiled version of psql expecting to work to
the old behaviour. It won't affect anyone using an older version of
postgres or psql (ie pre version 8).

To ease any pain, what about a configuration setting for the build
script for postgres (and psql) which changes the default behaviour for
the AUTOCOMMIT setting.

I personally would want to build it with AUTOCOMMIT=OFF is I had the
setting to do so.

This change apart from being more standards compliant would help make
psql "safer" than it currently is.

John Sidney-Woollett