Re: FC2 install cannot find libpq-fe.h

От Raphaël Enrici
Тема Re: FC2 install cannot find libpq-fe.h
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi Rick,

Richard_D_Levine@raytheon.com wrote:
> I'm running Fedora Core 2 with PostgreSQL 7.4.5, and just installed
> wxWidgets 2.5 from the pgadmin mirrors as recommended.  I installed
> PostgreSQL using RPMs.  All of that went well and PostgreSQL is running
> nicely.
>
> When I try to install pgadmin the configure command fails looking for
> libpq-fe.h.  I did a 'find / -name libpq-fe.h' and it is surely not on the
> machine.

In general linux distros separate headers from binaries so that you
don't waste disk space with non-wanted files.
You should install the devel package. Try to install postgresql-devel
rpm package, it should contain the files you need.

> I'm a Linux newbie, though not a Unix newbie, so don't worry about
> insulting my intelligence.  I ain't got none.

I heard someone around who told "there are only stupid answers, not
questions...". As I'm not an FC2 expert, I hope my answer was not too
stupid and that it will help you going further.

Regards,
Raphaël