Re: Starting and stopping database by JAVA

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Starting and stopping database by JAVA
Дата
Список pgsql-general
juleni@livetrade.cz wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    is there a possibility starting or stopping postgres database and
> creating database instance by JAVA? Is there some API available for
> this? If yes, can you please write some example, how to do it?

Starting/stopping a system service is by its nature going to be
operating-system specific, so I think you're best bet would be to call
some external scripts to do this.

Creating a new database can be done by connecting to database template1
and issuing "CREATE DATABASE ...", you can do similarly with users. See
the "SQL Commands" section of the manuals for details.

HTH
--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Сообщение: Re: ERROR: canceling query due to user request
Сообщение: Re: ERROR: canceling query due to user request