Re: [PERFORM] Table UPDATE is too slow

От Ron St-Pierre
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Table UPDATE is too slow
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

>Ron St-Pierre <rstpierre@syscor.com> writes:
>

>>One question about redirecting VACUUMs output to file though. When I run:
>>   psql -d imperial -c "vacuum full verbose analyze;" > vac.info
>>vac.info contains only the following line:
>>   VACUUM
>>I've been unable to capture the VERBOSE output to file. Any suggestions?
>>

>You need to catch stderr not only stdout.
>
>(I'd be less vague if I knew which shell you were running, but sh- and
>csh-derived shells do it differently.)

Oops, I'm running bash. I just redirected stderr to the file
    psql -d imperial -c "vacuum full verbose analyze;" 2>
/usr/local/pgsql/vac.info
which gives me exactly what I want.

Thanks again Tom

Ron

От: David Garamond
Сообщение: Restoring dump of multiuser databases
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Salt in encrypted password in pg_shadow