Re: Modifying TOAST_TUPLE_THRESHOLD and TOAST_TUPLE_TARGET?

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Modifying TOAST_TUPLE_THRESHOLD and TOAST_TUPLE_TARGET?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 4:03 PM, Shadar<shauldar@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>- I don't believe we have any record over 8K. So the 2nd method is best?
>
> When should I drop the TOAST table, before or after my DB is populated? I.e.
> Postgres will then move the TOASTED data inside my table?

No it won't. Any data in the toast table will be lost and you'll get
errors if you try to access it.

Incidentally please don't quote back the whole message, just quote the
parts you're responding to. Thanks.

--
Gregory Stark
http://mit.edu/~gsstark/resume.pdf