Re: Revisiting default_statistics_target

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Revisiting default_statistics_target
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 5:13 PM, Tom Lane<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> In any case, what we seem to have here is evidence that there are some
> cases where the new default value of default_statistics_target is too
> high and you can get a benefit by lowering it.  I'm not sure we should
> panic about that.  Default values ought to be compromises.  If people
> only ever change the default in one direction then it's probably not a
> very good compromise.  We know that there are applications for which 100
> is still too low, so maybe now we have got the pain spread out roughly
> evenly...

I would be nice to get oprofile working and see results for various
target sizes.

I've had trouble with oprofile myself. I think some machines have
bogus rtc hardware or something related that prevents it from working
properly.

--
greg
http://mit.edu/~gsstark/resume.pdf