Re: PANIC: corrupted item lengths

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: PANIC: corrupted item lengths
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 2:55 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> I tend to hate automatic zeroing of pages because there's no way to get
> the contents later for forensics.

That's why we default to zero_damaged_pages=false. Saving the pages
somewhere seems like it would be a good feature to add for
zero_damaged_pages in general but an orthogonal issue.

Simon's suggestion is a few more cases we could catch send through the
zero_damaged_pages code path rather than crashing. If his analysis of
the existing code is correct -- I haven't looked but I assume so --
then that sounds like the right thing to do.

I would be concerned about the overhead of checking this on all the
line pointers if we're just trying to look up a single item. But from
the sound of his description it would only fire in the hot pruning for
which we already control the frequency.

--
greg

Сообщение: Re: PANIC: corrupted item lengths
Сообщение: Re: PANIC: corrupted item lengths