Re: How can I look at a recursive table dependency tree?

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: How can I look at a recursive table dependency tree?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 5:10 PM, Emi Lu <emilu@encs.concordia.ca> wrote:
> Is it possible to find all view names depend on one table?

With 8.4 you can use a query like this (change 'messages' to your table name)

This query could stand to be polished a bit though...

WITH RECURSIVE tree AS (
  SELECT 'messages'::regclass::text AS tree,
  0 AS level,
  'pg_class'::regclass AS classid,
  'messages'::regclass AS objid
 UNION ALL
  SELECT tree || ' <-- ' || get_obj_description(pg_depend.classid,
pg_depend.objid),
  level+1,
  pg_depend.classid,
  pg_depend.objid
 FROM tree
 JOIN pg_depend ON ( tree.classid = pg_depend.refclassid
                                  AND tree.objid = pg_depend.refobjid)
)
SELECT tree.tree
FROM tree