Re: search_path improvements WAS: search_path vs extensions

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: search_path improvements WAS: search_path vs extensions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 11:03 PM, David E. Wheeler <david@kineticode.com> wrote:
> On May 29, 2009, at 2:52 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
>
>> a) the ability to "push" a schema onto the current search path
>> b) the ability to "pull" a schema off the current search path
>
> push, pop, shift, unshift. :-)
>
> Come to think of it, I want these for arrays, too. ;-)

push and unshift sure -- and you do have those for arrays, it's spelled ||.

I'm not so sure about pop/shift though. How would you know the element
you want is at the beginning/end unless you just put it there?

I think what you really want is to use SET LOCAL or RESET to restore
it to whatever it was before you started futzing with it. We might
need a more flexible way to do that that isn't tied to transactions
though.

--
greg