Re: PostgreSQL with PostGIS on embedded hardware

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: PostgreSQL with PostGIS on embedded hardware
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 5:05 PM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner
<stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> wrote:
>> Good to know!!! I imagine that on a PS3 it would be _really_ fast... :-)
>
> well not really - while it is fairly easy to get postgresql running on a PS3
> it is not a fast platform. While the main CPU there is a pretty fast Power
> based core it only has 256MB of Ram and a single SATA disk available(though
> you could add some USB disks).

The nice thing about it is that TPC-C and other benchmarks all specify
their bottom-line number in some unit like Transaction per second PER
DOLLAR. So using a PS3 should be able to get ridiculously good results
compared to expensive server hardware...

--
greg

Сообщение: Re: Any better plan for this query?..
Сообщение: Re: Any better plan for this query?..