Re: pgsql: Add relation fork support to pg_relation_size() function.

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: pgsql: Add relation fork support to pg_relation_size() function.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 11:32 AM, Heikki Linnakangas

> FWIW, with the defaults of 8k block size and 1GB segments, the table needs
> to be over 4TB in size until the FSM file needs to be segmented.

Hm, so on the one hand people will just have 12345.1, 12345.2, ... and
12345.fsm which is kind of neat.

On the other hand if they do have a problem with multiple periods they
won't find out until they have a pretty big database already and are
kind of stuck. And our regression tests won't test it at all.

--
greg