Re: Hebrew support -- please help !

От Ulrich Wisser
Тема Re: Hebrew support -- please help !
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Elie,

> Now I got the right information from the DB in Hebrew and french.
> Still can't save value in Hebrew from client (browser) to server and in
> french if I save 'été' in a column varchar(3) I got a range over exception.

you are working through the web. That makes the whole thing a lot more
complex. Try to use UTF-8/UNICODE encoding all the way. That means
configure Apache(!!!) and Tomact to server pages in UTF-8 encoding.
All web pages pages should have

Check in your browser if UTF-8 encoding is used. On the other operating
system in IE use View > Encoding, it should show UTF-8.

Actually the browser to server communication is the hardest to ensure
the right encoding is used.

We have a database with Japanese, Hebrew, German, Swedish, French,
Spanish and English content.

Ulrich