Re: Join efficiency

От Laura Vance
Тема Re: Join efficiency
Дата
Список pgsql-general
This thread also brings up the question... what ever happened to the *
notation of the SQL2 standard for LEFT and RIGHT outer joins?

To pull all rows from table 'a' and only those from table 'b' that match
the column criteria.
SELECT * FROM a, b WHERE a.x*=b.x;

To pull all rows from table 'b' and only those from table 'a' that match
the column criteria.
SELECT * FROM a, b WHERE a.x=*b.x;

This notation was always easy to remember when you think of the asterisk
as being a wildcard (or 'all') for its side of the expression.

--
Thanks,
Laura Vance