Re: pg14 psql broke \d datname.nspname.relname

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg14 psql broke \d datname.nspname.relname
Дата
Re: pg14 psql broke \d datname.nspname.relname  (Mark Dilger <mark.dilger@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I think it would appropriate to normalize identifiers that are going to
> be stored in catalogs.  As presented, this is a bit ridiculous and I see
> no reason to continue to support it.

If we had any sort of convention about the encoding of identifiers stored
in shared catalogs, maybe we could do something about that.  But we don't,
so any change is inevitably going to break someone's use-case.

In any case, that seems quite orthogonal to the question of how to treat
names with too many dots in them.  Considering we are three days out from
freezing 14.1, I think it is time to stop the meandering discussion and
fix it.  And by "fix", I mean revert to the pre-14 behavior.