Can't createlang plpgsql

От Michael R. Fahey
Тема Can't createlang plpgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hello

I can't get pl/pgsql to install  using creatlang. I've listed what I did
and the messages I received.

I'm running 7.1.3 configured as follows:

./configure  --enable-multibyte=UNICODE --enable-unicode-conversion
--with-perl

The distro is  Redhat 7.1.

Thanks.

Michael Fahey

$ createlang -l template1

    Procedural languages
 Name | Trusted? | Compiler
------+----------+----------
(0 rows)

$createlang plpgsql template1

createlang: missing required argument PGLIB directory
(This is the directory where the interpreter for the procedural
language is stored. Traditionally, these are installed in whatever
'lib' directory was specified at configure time.)

$export PGLIB=/usr/local/pgsql/lib
echo $PGLIB
/usr/local/pgsql/lib

$ls /usr/local/pgsql/lib
libecpg.a
libecpg.so
libecpg.so.3
libecpg.so.3.2.0
libpgeasy.a
libpgeasy.so
libpgeasy.so.2
libpgeasy.so.2.1
libpq.a
libpq.so
libpq.so.2
libpq.so.2.1
plpgsql.so

#the next few messages are really confusing me.

$createlang plpgsql template1
createlang: A function named 'plpgsql_call_handler' already exists.
Installation aborted.

$droplang -d template1 plpgsql
droplang: 'plpgsql' is not installed in database template1

$createlang plpgsql template1

createlang: A function named 'plpgsql_call_handler' already exists.
Installation aborted.

createlang -l template1

    Procedural languages
 Name | Trusted? | Compiler