pgTcl and Refcursors

От Philip A. Chapman
Тема pgTcl and Refcursors
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Everyone,

I am about to begin a project which will use Java (JDBC) and postgresql.
  In most Java projects, I do not embed SQL code, but create functions
which have the SQL logic.  I call the functions from within my Java
code.  For selects, the functions return refcursors, which the Java code
can get results from.

However, a seperate team is going to be using Tcl to do some rapid
prototyping.  I would rather re-use as much of their work as possible.
If they also put all their SQL logic into functions, I can make my code
call the same functions.  The question is, can Tcl process a resultset
provided as a refcursor by a function?  I am not very familiar with Tcl,
and a scan of the PostgreSQL documentation's pgTcl section didn't seem
to provide an answer (at least to me).

Any help you provide would be appreciated.

Thanks,
--
Philip A. Chapman

Application Development:
Java, Visual Basic (MCP), PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL
Linux, Windows 9x, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP

Вложения