Re: pg_dump and pg_restore in batch scripts

От Johan Paul Glutting
Тема Re: pg_dump and pg_restore in batch scripts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32
I don't think pg_restore is working in this Beta version of PostgreSQL.
At least, that is my understanding, from a post a few weeks ago.

pg_restore does not work for me, although pg_dump seems to be functional.

You can edit your your pg_hba.conf file to set different types of
authentication ("trust", or "ïdent")
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/interactive/client-authentication.html

Cheers,

JP

En/na Tim Penhey ha escrit:

> I read somewhere an example of how to do pg_dump and pg_restore on
> *nix so as to not have it ask for a password, but is there any way in
> the Win32 environment to do this?
>
> What I am actually trying to do is to get a java servlet to execute
> the dump command and return through http the dumped file.  Once that
> works it will be to upload the file to the servlet and execute the
> restore command.  The java servlet will have the username and password
> to the database for the jdbc connection.
>
> Thanks,
> Tim

JP Glutting
Oficina de Qualitat        Plaça Víctor Siurana, 1
Universitat de Lleida        25003 Lleida
Tel: 973 703 103        Fax: 973 702 036