Re: postmaster.pid

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: postmaster.pid
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32

Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

I think we're on the wrong track here. If there is a pid file then the
postmaster will try to see if the process is running by calling
kill(pid,0) - see backend/utils/init/miscinit.c.

However, on Windows we simulate kill(), and always return EINVAL if the
signal <= 0 (see port/kill.c). ISTM the correct solution would be to
implement the effect of kill(pid,0) in port/kill.c, presumably by a call
to some native Windows function that gives you the process info for a
given pid.

cheers

andrew