Re: pg_dump in stand alone backend

От Gaetano Mendola
Тема Re: pg_dump in stand alone backend
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ulrich Wisser wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to stop the postmaster every night and run
>
> vacuum
> pg_dump
> reindex
>
> in the stand alone backend.
>
> Vacuum and reindex seem to be quite easy, as I can setup a small script
> with both commands. But what about pg_dump. That seems "somewhat" more
> complex.

Explain what exactly you are trying to do, why do you have to stop
the postmaster ? If you request is due only to forbid the access then
you can replace the pg_hba.conf with a "void" one and replace it again
at the end of operations.

BTW vacuum, pg_dump, reindex are operations that can be performed
with the server up and running.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola