Re: $libdir and 8.0

От Paul Ramsey
Тема Re: $libdir and 8.0
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The expansions in the build scripts all seem correct, and in fact, all
the libraries are installed in the right place, both the system stuff
(plpgsql.so) and the contrib stuff (libpostgis.so) ends up in
/opt/foo/lib/postgresql. It is the actual binaries that seem to not know
where $libdir is supposed to be.

prefix := /home/pramsey/pgtest/8.0
exec_prefix := ${prefix}
libdir := ${exec_prefix}/lib
pkglibdir = $(libdir)
ifeq "$(findstring pgsql, $(pkglibdir))" ""
ifeq "$(findstring postgres, $(pkglibdir))" ""
override pkglibdir := $(pkglibdir)/postgresql
endif
endif

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Paul Ramsey wrote:
>>

>>>When installing PgSQL into a non-standard location (like /opt/foo) the
>>>configure script decides to install all the contrib libraries and
>>>plpglsq into /opt/foo/lib/postgresql.  This would be fine, except that
>>>backend does not recognize this directory as a place to be searched for
>>>$libdir (perhaps it is referencing the $libdir macro instead of the
>>>$pkglibdir macro?).  So tools like 'createlang' fail, and loading .sql
>>>files that reference things like $libdir/libfoo.so also fail.
>>
>>I'm not sure but if you add /opt/foo/lib/postgresql to /etc/ld.so.conf and
>>run ldconfig, it might work.
>

> I checked in the code and $libdir should expand to $(pkglibdir) as
> determined by configure.  What value to you show for that in
> your Makefile.global?

Сообщение: Re: tablespace and sequences?
Сообщение: Re: tablespace and sequences?