Re: documentation structure

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: documentation structure
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Thu, Jul 18, 2024 at 8:06 PM Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org> wrote:
>>> I'm opposed to having a separate file for every function. I think
>>> breaking up func.sgml into one piece per sect1 is about right.

>> That will create at least 30 func-xx.sgml files.
>> I am afraid that's too many?

> The premise and the resultant number of files both seem reasonable to me.

I agree.  The hundreds that would result from file-per-function, or
anything close to that, would be too many.  But I can deal with
file-per-sect1.  For context, I count currently 167 sgml/*.sgml files
plus 219 ref/*.sgml, so adding 30 more would be an 8% increase.

Do we want to use a "func-" prefix on the file names?  I could
imagine dispensing with that as unnecessary; or another idea
could be to make a new subdirectory func/ for these.