Re: Why is the number of dead tuples causing the performance

От DeJuan Jackson
Тема Re: Why is the number of dead tuples causing the performance
Дата
Ответ на Re: Why is the number of dead tuples causing the performance of deferred triggers to degrade so rapidly (exponentionally)?  (Frank van Vugt <ftm.van.vugt@foxi.nl>)
Список pgsql-performance
Since you are updating all of the sets with the specified part number
why not just ensure that a transaction never inserts the same part
number more than once (an INSERT  ...SELECT ... WHERE NOT EXISTS(...)
comes to mind), then delete the row before the end of transaction.