Re: Web application: Programming language/Framework: Summary

От Arthur van Dorp
Тема Re: Web application: Programming language/Framework: Summary
Дата
Re: Web application: Programming language/Framework: Summary  (Gaetano Mendola <mendola@bigfoot.com>)
Re: Web application: Programming language/Framework: Summary  (Mark Gibson <gibsonm@cromwell.co.uk>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi all

I've got a lot of feedback to my question about the ideal web
application framework on- and off-list and would like to summarize it a
bit for future reference. But first thank you all very much for your
help. You've made a blissfully ignorant and indecisive person a somewhat
better informed and indecisive person. ;)

Java/Perl/Python/PHP based frameworks all exist and every language is
used somewhere in a big project with huge numbers of dynamic content
generated. So all of them are quite powerful.

I'll just put all the projects that got named in a list, everything is
easily found with google. Not all of them are frameworks in themselves,
some even use other projects named here, some are just useful tools.
Sorry for not giving any details about each framework. For java
www.waferproject.org has a nice overview.

Java:
Struts / Faces / Cocoon / WebWork / Tapestry / Turbine / Velocity /
Jakarta/Tomcat / Webobjects(proprietary) / Expresso / JPublish / Sofia
A nice overview is here at http://www.waferproject.org/feature-matrix2.html

Perl:
Mason / Bricolage / mod_perl / Fast_CGI / bivio / openframe
A good starting point is http://perl.apache.org/products/app-server.html

Python:
Zope / Quixote / mod_python / skunkweb

PHP:
phpwebapp / horde / logicreate

Thanks again and have fun
Arthur

Сообщение: Re: Could not create a table named "USER" under postgreSQL
Сообщение: Re: Could not create a table named "USER" under postgreSQL