Problem with installing Postgres 8.0 on Mandrake 10

От Kaloyan Iliev Iliev
Тема Problem with installing Postgres 8.0 on Mandrake 10
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hello,
 I have a little problem. I suppose that this question is stupid but...
When I start the configure it gave me the following error:

checking for shmget in -lcygipc... no
checking for readline... no
configure: error: readline library not found
If you have readline already installed, see config.log for details on the
failure.  It is possible the compiler isn't looking in the proper directory.
Use --without-readline  to disable readline support.

So when I start it with --without-readline it goes all fine but psql
works terrible.
I have postgres 7.4 istalled corectly, so I suppose I have this library.

Any ideas what the problem could be.
 Kaloyan