Re: Postgresql feature

От John Sidney-Woollett
Тема Re: Postgresql feature
Дата
Re: Postgresql feature  (Shridhar Daithankar <shridhar@frodo.hserus.net>)
Re: Postgresql feature  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
Список pgsql-general
Bit more info (from my own findings migrating from Oracle -> Postgres)

Sequences - YES
Packages - NO (concept doesn't exist in PG)
Functions - YES, Procedures - NO (also no INOUT or OUT parameters)
Full-text - YES, tSearch2
Triggers - YES
Jobs - NO, (but scheduled tasks can be implemented in other ways)
Synonyms - NO (can be frigged using search_paths and schemas)
Replication - more than one option depending on requirement

You will miss certain Oracle features, but once you get into the swing
of postgres you'll not look back. Also consider how much money you'll
save in license fees!

John Sidney-Woollett