Re: [ADMIN] SRPM for 8.0.0 beta?

От Gaetano Mendola
Тема Re: [ADMIN] SRPM for 8.0.0 beta?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> Gaetano Mendola <mendola@bigfoot.com> writes:
>
>>BTW I have bitten recently on the attempt of change the default port.
>>I did it as usual changing it in postgresql.conf but that parameter
>>is overriden by:
>>    PGPORT=5432
>>present on the start up script.
>

>>There is any reason to still pass this parameter to postmaster ?
>

> The init script needs to know the port number because it uses it in a
> couple places.  Set the value you want in
> /etc/sysconfig/pgsql/postgresql ...

I know I know, but I'm wondering if this value could be retrieved from
another place instead:

grep -e "port" /var/lib/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf | cut -d '=' -f 2

I know it's horrible.

May be write some words inside postgresql.conf or write some warning in
the logs for sure could help.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola

Сообщение: Re: 7.4.3 & 8.0.0beta1 + Solaris 9: default pg_hba.conf breaks
Сообщение: Re: 7.4.3 & 8.0.0beta1 + Solaris 9: default pg_hba.conf breaks